Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mary Pettis-Sarley: Magic


Mary Petiss-Sarley. I visited her farm in Napa on Weds, February 16th for a class I'm taking this semester. I have not stopped talking about her, yet I don't know quite what to say. The experience was so brilliant, so wonderful, so unique, so magical, that I've been having difficulty finding the appropriate words. Maybe there are none. Maybe the experience was so rich, that it can only be experienced, not justly written about.

Let me just say this: she speaks my language. So when she said things like "we are all equals" and "we have no more power than a droplet of water," she touched my heart. I've only just started practicing these kinds of ideas, whereas she's enveloped them for years. She is truly living her passion, she is living to give and be of service to the animals, to her land, to us. I can see the result of living like this for a long time. It is beautiful and perfect and so magical. And she is deeply and passionately, happy.





Noodle!!:







Her yarn:



natural:

naturally dyed using plants on her land:

Here's the article I wrote for our class blog